Ages 9 and up
Experience jazz and improve your skills
Fall Semester begins in September!
Read our reviews, or write one:
Students are introduced to improvisation and conduct solos on their respective instruments, in addition to gaining skills in performing with an ensemble. Open to brass, guitar, string, woodwind, drums/percussion, and keyboard/piano students. At the end of the semester the group will give a performance for friends and family.
Fall & Spring 2016-2017
Academic year: 30 weeks (15 per semester)
Instructors: Todd Brunel
Times: Tuesdays, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Tuition per year: $827 per year (Please refer to our Music Immersion Packages webpage for discounts!)
Ensemble Placement Auditions:
Students interested in joining an ensemble should complete the following steps:
- Submit an online audition form here to schedule an individual placement audition. Once we have received your audition webform, our staff will contact you to schedule and confirm an audition time. If you are interested in the MYSP Orchestra program, please click here for more information.
- Pay your audition fee of $30 per student (waived for current Powers students who have paid their 2016-2017 annual registration fee).
To pay online: Click here to access ASAP, our online registration site (you will be asked to create an account).
To pay by check: Checks, made payable to Powers Music School, should be sent to Powers Music School, P.O. Box 398, Belmont, MA 02478. You may also pay by credit card by calling (617) 484-4696.
- Once we have received your audition webform and audition fee, a staff member will contact you to schedule and confirm your audition time. Please read our audition requirements below to prepare for your audition.
- You will be notified of placement shortly after your audition. Please complete and submit your registration and tuition payment within two weeks of acceptance. For those auditioning after the fiscal year has begun, your payment will include the annual $40 registration fee, and full prorated tuition for the ensemble program you were placed in, unless a payment plan has been arranged.
To register/pay online: Click here to access ASAP, our online registration site (you will be asked to create an account).
To register/pay by mail: Download and complete a 2016-2017 Registration Form, and a 2016-2017 Financial Aid Application if you are interested in applying for financial aid.
Ensemble Audition Requirements:
- Two contrasting pieces
- A couple scales of the student's choice