Learn skills for the piano and xylophone through fun Eurhythmics exercises
Spring Semester begins in February!
Having trouble viewing our PDF forms? Download Adobe Reader here for free.
In this introductory piano class, children will learn basic musical subjects (pitches, durations, dynamics, etc.), forms, music notes, keyboard geography, fingering, and notation through eurhythmics exercise and apply what they’ve learned to the xylophone and the piano. Children will learn not only how to play but also how to make their own music through improvisation activities. Active listening games, such as canon, follow, and quick reaction, will be used to stimulate children’s listening skills and expand their musical ear in all activities.
Hi-Five is intended to be taken in two consecutive semesters (for example, fall and spring, or spring and summer) to get the full benefits of the program, with the goal of learning the key skills to continue on to private piano lessons.
Instructors: Haeeun Shin (Saturdays); Linda Emmanuel (Tuesdays)
Spring Semester: 16 classes (Hi-Five is intended to be taken for two semesters)
Tuition: $550 per semester
Class Times for New Hi-Five Students
- Hi-Five Piano (ages 5-6) - Tuesdays, 5:00-5:45 pm (Emmanuel) begins February 7
- Hi-Five Piano (ages 5-6) - Saturdays, 2:00-2:45 pm (Shin) begins February 4
Class Times for Continuing Hi-Five Students
- Hi-Five Piano (ages 5-6) - Tuesdays, 3:15-4:00 pm (Emmanuel) begins January 31
- Hi-Five Piano (ages 5-6) - Tuesdays, 4:05-4:50 pm (Emmanuel) begins January 31
- Hi-Five Piano (ages 5-6) - Saturdays, 12:15-1:00 pm (Shin) begins February 4
- Hi-Five Piano (ages 5-6) - Saturdays, 1:05-1:50 pm (Shin) begins February 4
Ready to Register? Use the buttons below to register online (by credit card), or by mail (by check or credit card number).
Read reviews about classes at Powers, or write one: