As a piano student, you’re learning, practicing, and performing all on your own. This year has been even more challenging than most. How can you stay motivated, try new things, take risks, and feel supported during the summer?
Imagine one week where you could eat, sleep, and breathe piano. You’ll start your mornings with a built-in community of supportive friends, piano students, and teachers who love piano as much as you do. You’ll gain experience with different types of piano duos and ensembles and expand your technical skills with piano lab and masterclasses. And you’ll work on your own solo repertoire during private lessons, practice time, and performances.
Piano Pairs is the perfect place to:
- go beyond the practice room and gain new skills and repertoire in piano 4-hand and 2-piano ensembles
- build confidence and experience performing
- be encouraged by the expert guidance of our piano teaching artists
- have an incredible fun week with new friends who speak your musical language
Summer 2023 Information:
July 31 – August 4
Monday – Friday
Session 1: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm,
Session 2: 12:30 – 4:00 pm (no longer available)
Kathryn Rosenbach, Piano Pairs Artistic Director
Elizabeth Chladil, Instructor
Kids and teens can participate in several workshops each day to learn and sharpen their skills and gain new techniques.
- 8:30 am: Drop-Off and Morning Meeting
- 9:00 – 9:45 am: Technique is Fun – Learn chords, play 5-finger patterns, and have fun developing your technique.
- 10:00 – 10:45 am: Dueling Duets – Listen and play along with a pre-recorded 2nd piano part, then perform for the group!
- 11:00 – 11:45 am: Show and Tell – Share solo pieces in a masterclass setting.
- 12:00 pm: Pick-Up
Summer 2023 Financial Aid
Thank you to Watertown Savings Bank for their support of Powers’ financial aid program!
Financial aid is available for students who can document financial need. Financial aid applications will be accepted for summer day programs only until all available aid is exhausted.
At this time, all financial aid for the 2022-2023 year has been awarded.
All new and returning students interested in applying for financial aid should start by filling out the Financial Aid Application Form and following the instructions at the top.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the financial aid process.