Through the generosity of our donors, financial aid scholarships are available for private and group instruction for both the fall and spring terms. In addition, financial aid scholarships are available for our summer day programs, including Pow-Wow, Music on the Hill (MOTH), Fiddlin' on the Hill, and Suzuki on the Hill.
Financial Aid is awarded based on need, merit, and the likelihood of the student benefiting from instruction. Current Powers Music School students are also evaluated based on their interest and motivation as exhibited in their current lessons and teacher evaluations. Please call (617) 484-4696 for details.
How to Apply for a Financial Aid Scholarship:
- Download and complete the appropriate financial aid form (see below for links). A separate financial aid application must be completed for each student in the family (however, families need only submit one set of the required financial attachments).
- On the Registration Form for the class, lesson, or program you are registering for, indicate that you are applying for Financial Aid in the appropriate checkbox.
- Return your Financial Aid and Registration forms together in person at our office (396 Concord Avenue, Belmont), or mail to Powers Music School, P.O. Box 398, Belmont, MA, 02478. Students will not be registered without a completed financial aid application form.
Financial Aid Applications:
Having trouble viewing our PDF forms? Download Adobe Reader here for free.
- Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 semester financial aid for CONTINUING STUDENTS:
Click here for the application. Deadline - June 24, 2016
- Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 semester financial aid for NEW STUDENTS:
Click here for the application. Rolling deadline
- Spring 2017 semester financial aid for NEW STUDENTS:
- Click here for the application. Rolling deadline
- Summer 2017 Day Programs:
Click here for the application. Rolling, Suggested Deadline - March 15, 2017
Special thanks to corporate sponsor Watertown Savings Bank for their support of the Financial Aid Scholarship program at Powers!