Ready to register for lessons, a class, or an ensemble?
To register online or pay your balance: Click here to access our new online registration site, ASAP. From here you may browse and select group classes and programs from our sidebar, or inquire about lessons for a particular instrument. Before checking out or submitting an inquiry, you will be asked to create an account. (Current students may already have an account - please use the "forgot your password" link on the login page to check if you have an account associated with your email address). You may choose to pay online during the checkout process with a valid credit card, or to "pay later" by check. Please note: Your registration is not complete until we receive payment. Click here for more detailed instructions about using our ASAP online registration site.
To register by mail: Please complete a registration form (available below) and return with your annual registration fee and tuition payment either in person at 396 Concord Ave., Belmont, by mail: P. O. Box 398, Belmont, MA 02478, or by email: email@example.com.
Registration is considered final with receipt of the annual $40 registration fee (or $15 summer registration fee) per student and, unless a payment plan has been arranged, receipt of the full invoice.
- Returning students for the 2016-2017 year receive priority registration until June 30, 2016.
- Registration for new students is ongoing.
- Private lesson times arranged at registration are considered permanent for the academic year.
For questions about registration, class schedules, or lessons, please contact the Registrar, Cassandra Shelton, at (617) 484-5750 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure which program or class would be best?
- Is your child age 4 or younger? Contact our Registrar at (617) 484-5750 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Is your child age 5 or older? Are you interested in lessons for yourself? Click here to tell us a little about yourself and your interests, then call (617) 484-4696 to schedule a free placement consultation with our Executive & Artistic Director, Helen Clapp Stevenson, to help you decide which program will help you reach your musical goals.
For more information about:
Having trouble viewing our PDF forms? Download Adobe Reader here for free.
- Fall 2016 / Spring 2017 Registration Form: Click here.
- Pow-Wow Summer 2017 Registration Form: Click here.
- MOTH Summer 2017 Registration Form: Click here.
- Fiddlin' on the Hill Summer 2017 Registration Form: Click here.
- Suzuki on the Hill Summer 2017 Registration Form: Click here.
- Summer 2017 Group Class Registration Form: Click here.
- Summer 2017 Private Lesson Registration Form: Click here.
- A $40 per student non-refundable annual registration fee (or $15 summer registration fee) is due at the time of registration.
- Upon registration, the annual registration fee(s) and tuition for the full invoice is due unless a payment plan has been arranged.
- All credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX) are accepted by paying online, calling our office, or providing credit card information on your registration form. By providing credit card information, you are authorizing Powers Music School to charge that card for the remaining tuition balance unless you have requested by phone or in writing that we do NOT use that card again.
- Students who register after the start of a semester will be charged on a pro-rated basis for the duration of the academic year.
- Spring 2017 semester tuition is due by December 9, 2016.
- Families who would like to enroll in a payment plan should submit a $25 payment plan fee (per family, per semester) and $40 registration fee (per student, per year) at the time of registration each academic year, and Powers staff will contact you about your first payment, remaining balance, and payment due dates.
- A credit card number must be kept on file for all payment plans.
- Monthly payments that are not paid by the due date may be subject to having the Payment Plan revoked, whereby the full account balance will be due.
2016-2017 Academic & Event Calendar
Click here for our monthly calendar of important dates, deadlines, and events.
2016-2017 Room Assignments
A link will be provided before the start of the Fall semester for you to see what room your lesson or group class is in. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar at 617-484-4696.
Starting Dates - Fall 2016 Semester
Please refer to this list to see when your program begins. If you have any questions about class, lesson, orchestra, or ensemble dates, our registrar may be reached at 617-484-4696.
- Private lessons (Wed-Tues) - September 7-13
- Music Pups® Fall Session - September 14-20
- Hi-Five, Group Piano Lab, Keys for Kids® (Wed-Tues) - September 14-20
- MYSP Orchestra (Sat) - September 21
- Ensembles (Wed-Tues) - September 21-27
- Music Theory (Wed-Tues) - September 21-27
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Singing for Kids (Wed-Tues) - September 21-27
- Suzuki Group Classes, Suzuki Musical Kids (Wed-Tues) - September 21-27
- Suzuki Parent Classes (if needed) - Wednesdays, Sept. 21, Sept. 28, Oct. 5
- Music Pups® Fall Session -TBD